Agency & Consulting Services
At Ocean Partners, we believe that our experience as traders, complimented by our early training with “Producing” companies, makes us uniquely qualified to provide an exceptional service to our Agency and Consultancy clients.
Over the years, we have assisted many new and existing mining operations in the sales and marketing of their copper, lead, zinc and/or precious metal concentrates, often at a significantly lower cost compared to staffing up a commercial department. We are often able to enhance the bottom line and/or “manage” trouble spots as they occur by using the size and diversity of our own trading books and banking relationships. We are sensitive to potential perceived conflicts of interest and fully understand the necessity of always representing our clients’ best interests and not mixing client business with Ocean Partner business. So long as we have an open and honest dialogue with our clients, we believe that we can help our clients achieve a better bottom line by tapping into our principal business and banking contacts.
No client is the same. All face different and ever changing challenges. As a result, the specific services Ocean Partners offers as a Marketing Agent are tailored to the individual client’s needs and may include any and all of the following;
- Market analysis of your specific concentrate quality
- Identification of “strategic” smelters
- Statistical review of the concentrate market
- Development of a comprehensive marketing strategy
- Obtaining letters of intent from smelters
- Credit risk analysis
- Commercial presentations to banks or other financiers
- Assistance in developing long and short term hedging strategies
- Securing long term and spot off-take contracts
- Client visits and assistance in negotiating commercial deals
- Open book custom/Toll agency blending
The “back office” is often the face of the company and, as such, it reflects the competence and reputation of the organization. Ocean Partners has invested heavily in building a highly competent global administrative team made up of some of the most experienced personnel in the industry. It is this same admin team that you can benefit from if you engage Ocean Partners to handle the administration and logistics of your concentrate shipments.
As with Marketing services, the specific services Ocean Partners offers as an Administrative Agent are tailored to the individual client’s needs and may include any and all of the following;
- Regular liaison with mine staff to ascertain production rates, inventory levels and product quality to develop and monitor the most efficient shipping schedule for your customers
- Coordination of all traffic functions (inland and off-shore)
- Appointment of representatives to supervise W/S/M operations
- Arrange for assaying of samples and umpires, if needed
- Assessment of independent laboratories for cost & performance
- Assist in arranging proper insurance coverage
- Executing previously agreed upon hedging strategies
- Issuing and collection of invoices
- Regular reporting to mine on stock, exposures, receivables, etc.